The Best1Hosting Acceptable Usage Policy has been developed
with the following objectives:
- Ensure security, reliability and privacy of Best1Hosting´s
systems and network, and the networks and systems of others
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for
- Encourage the responsible use of net resources and discourage
practices which degrade the usability of network resources and
thus the value of Internet services
- Avoid situations that may cause Best1Hosting to incur
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users
We expect our Customers to use the Internet with courtesy
and responsibility and to be familiar with and to practice good
Internet etiquette. By adhering to the following policies, our
Customers are protecting the rights and privileges of all Internet
VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING POLICIES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED
AND WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF ALL ACCOUNTS AND
MAY INCUR FINANCIAL PENALTIES TO THE VIOLATOR.
1. Customers are prohibited from transmitting on or through any
of Best1Hosting´s facilities, any material that is,
in Best1Hosting's sole discretion, unlawful, threatening,
abusive, libelous, or encourages conduct that would constitute
a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise
violate any local, state, national or international law, statute
2. Best1Hosting's facilities may only be used for lawful
purposes. Transmission, distribution, or storage of any information,
data or material in violation of United States or state regulation
or law, or by the common law, is prohibited. This includes, but
is not limited to, material protected by copyright, trademark,
trade secret, or any other statute. Best1Hosting reserves
the right to remove such illegal material from its servers.
3. Customers may not engage in tortious conduct including, but
not limited to, posting of defamatory, scandalous, or private
information about a person without their consent, intentionally
inflicting emotional distress, or making physical threats against
another person via email, news, or any other electronic media/service
4. The Customer is responsible for providing and maintaining
accurate and up-to-date billing information. Furnishing false
data on the signup form, contract, or online application, including
fraudulent use of credit card numbers, is grounds for immediate
termination, and may subject the offender to civil or criminal
System and Network Usage and Security
1. Customers may not attempt to circumvent user authentication
or security of any host, network, or account ("cracking").
This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended
for the Customer, password sniffing, security hole scanning,
IP spoofing, logging into a server or account the Customer is
not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of
2. Customers may not attempt to interfere with service to any
user, host, or network ("denial of service attacks").
This includes, but is not limited to, "flooding" of
networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts
to "crash" a host.
3. Customers may not use any kind of program/script/command,
or send messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a user's
terminal session, via any means, locally or by the Internet.
4. Customers must safeguard their account passwords to prevent
unauthorized access to their account.
5. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal
or civil liability. Best1Hosting will cooperate fully with
investigations of violations of systems or network security at
other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities
in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
1. Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of
messages, is prohibited.
2. Customers may not send email to any person who does not wish
to receive it. If a recipient asks to stop receiving email, the
Customer must not send that person any further email.
3. Customers are bound by the Best1Hosting Spam Policy.
4. Customers may not forward or otherwise propagate chain letters,
whether or not the recipient wishes to receive such mailings.
5. Malicious email, including but not limited to "mailbombing"
(flooding a user or site with very large or numerous pieces of
email) and "trolling" (posting outrageous messages
to generate numerous responses) is prohibited.
6. Forging of header or any other information is not permitted.
7. Subscribing someone else to a mail list or removing someone
else from a mail list without that person's permission is prohibited. Mailing List Spam: When setting up mailing lists on our system you MUST set the mailing list to: "Subscription requires confirmation by reply to a message sent to the subscription address."
and "Unsubscribe does not require confirmation."
Setting up Spam Traps is prohibited: Spamtraps are addresses whose sole reason for existence is to see if people will send unsolicited e-mail to them.
8. Best1Hosting accounts or services may not be used to
collect replies to messages sent from another Internet Service
Provider, where those messages violate this Acceptable Usage
Policy or the Acceptable Usage Policy of that other provider.
9. Webmail is not to be used or promoted as a hotmail type system. This is abuse of the webmail system and is strictly prohibited.
Anyone found running a hotmail like business with webmail will be shut down without refund.
1. Best1Hosting is not responsible for the content of any
USENET posting, whether or not the posting was made by a Hosting
2. Postings to USENET newsgroups must comply with the written
charters or FAQs for those newsgroups. Advertisements should
only be posted in those newsgroups whose charters/FAQs explicitly
permit them. The poster is responsible for determining the etiquette
of a given newsgroup, prior to posting to it.
3. Customers are prohibited from posting the same or similar
message to large numbers of newsgroups (excessive cross-posting
or multiple-posting, also known as "USENET spam").
4. Customers are prohibited from posting binary files to newsgroups
not specifically named for that purpose.
5. Customers are prohibited from cancelling or superseding posts
other than their own, with the exception of official newsgroup
moderators performing their duties.
6. Customers are prohibited from forging header information.
This includes attempting to circumvent the approval process for
posting to a moderated newsgroup.
7. A customer may not solicit mail for any other address, other
than that of the Customer's Best1Hosting account or service,
with the intent to harass or collect replies after Best1Hosting's
service has been terminated.
IRC (Internet Relay Chat)
1. Best1Hosting is not liable for the content of any communications
made on IRC. 2. IRC robots ("bots" or "clones")
or IRC sessions may not be run from Best1Hosting's shared
3. Customers may not attempt to impersonate others or use IRC
anonymously by disguising their hostname or username.
4. Customers are prohibited from using IRC scripts or programs
that interfere with or deny service to other users on any server
or host. Customers are also prohibited from engaging in activities
which harass other users. This includes, but is not limited to,
"flooding" (rapidly entering text with the intent to
fill the screens of others), "flashing" (disrupting
terminal emulation), "takeovers" (forcibly seizing
operator privileges), attempting to send private messages to
those who do not wish to see them (via "ignore"), attempting
to return to a channel after being banned from it, and other
1. Customers may not permit the use of mail services, mail forwarding
capabilities, POP accounts, or autoresponders other than for
the Customer's own account.
2. Customers may not employ posts or programs that consume excessive
CPU time or storage space. Best1Hosting reserves the right
to kill CPU intensive process without prior notice or incurring
of any liability.
3. Customers may NOT run a hotmail type service giving out email to all who want it. This type of service overloads the mailservers and is not allowed on our shared machines.
Best1Hosting Domain Hosting accounts are, by default, setup with
3 and 5 Gig bandwidth restriction. If an account and or web site requires or
utilizes a higher amount of bandwidth, Please contact Admin@best1hosting.com . If an account uses
more than their alotted amount of bandwidth, they may be terminated or further restricted and will be assessed a fee of $12.00 per gig over the limit.
If this occurs, the client will be notified by the System Administrator.
The over utilization of the server CPU, by use of CGI scripts or
any other process that causes disruption of service, or processes that negatively impact
web server performance, will not be tolerated. Best1Hosting reserves the right to
immediately terminate any harmful or disruptive CGI processes.
Best1Hosting does not allow clients to use its servers as a "Chat Rooms"
server, or as an on-line gaming server.
Material and Product Requirements
1. Customers must ensure that all material and data placed on
Best1Hosting's equipment is in a condition that is "server-ready,"
which is in a form requiring no additional manipulation on Best1Hosting's part. We shall make no effort to validate this information
for content, correctness or usability. In the event that the
Customer's material is not "server-ready", we have
the option at any time to reject this material. Best1Hosting
will notify the Customer immediately of its refusal of the material
and afford the Customer the opportunity to amend or modify the
material to satisfy the needs and/or requirements of Best1Hosting's.
2. Use of Best1Hosting's facilities requires a certain level
of knowledge in the use of Internet languages, protocols, and
software. This level of knowledge varies depending on the anticipated
use of the facilities. Customers are responsible for having this
level of expertise. It is not the responsibility of Best1Hosting
to provide this knowledge or customer support outside of the
service defined in the Service Agreement.
1. Best1Hosting will not sell or knowingly disclose its
customer lists or customer email or listserv address lists. We
will attempt to protect the privacy of our Customers and their
information that is stored on our network. Best1Hosting
will only access and disclose information as necessary to comply
with applicable laws and government orders, to operate and maintain
our systems and services, or to protect ourselves or our Customers.
2. Best1Hosting will not monitor or disclose a Customer's
private email messages or other facility usage unless required
by court order or law. We will cooperate with the authorities
and will notify such authorities if it suspects that a Customer
is engaged in illegal activities to the limit the law allows
or requires, at Best1Hosting´s sole discretion.
3. Best1Hosting will, from time to time, use our customer
mailing lists for network updates, system information and general
sales information. Best1Hosting may in the future limit
all mailings to those clients who want to participate.
4. Credit and credit card information will be held in confidence,
however, it will be used in any way possible to aid in the recovery
of delinquent or defaulting debtors.
5. Customer passwords are confidential and will not be made available
to any person or company outside of Best1Hosting for any
6. All information will be stored as securely as possible while
maintaining the ability for authorized Best1Hosting staff
to quickly and effectively access this information when required
THE ACCEPTABLE USAGE POLICY DEFINES THE ACTIONS WHICH Best1Hosting CONSIDERS TO BE ABUSIVE, AND THUS, STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
THE EXAMPLES SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY ARE NON-EXCLUSIVE, AND
ARE PROVIDED SOLELY FOR GUIDANCE TO Best1Hosting´S
If you are unsure whether any contemplated use or activity is
prohibited, please send mail to email@example.com
and we will assist you. Please note that the activities set forth
above are also not permitted from other Internet Service Providers
on behalf of, or to advertise, any service hosted by Best1Hosting, or connected via our network. Furthermore, such services
may not be advertised via deceptive marketing policies, as defined
by the Federal Trade Commission Deception Policy Statement.
Best1Hosting must further limit any exceptions made to the
Acceptable Usage Policy as secondary in regards to server and
network security, performance and integrity. Any user, regardless
of exception status, may have his or her service disabled if
it is interfering with our servers or network.
Specific questions about this policy should be sent via e-mail
Reports of activity in violation of this policy may be sent via
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.